AIS Scholarship Programme
The Australian International School (AIS) encourages and supports academic excellence across all areas of the curriculum and is committed to nurturing each student’s individual academic talents.
AIS is pleased to offer a limited number of Academic Scholarships for students entering Years 7 – 12 for the 2018-2019 Academic Year.
The Scholarships awarded will be based on academic achievement and an interview with the AIS Executive Principal or Deputy Executive Principal. Successful scholarships are awarded for 10% to 50% of the Annual Tuition Fee, and for up to seven years, providing the student maintains an exemplary academic record.
How to Apply
- Complete Enrolment Application Form and pay the Application Fee
- Complete Academic Scholarship application form
STEP 2. Submit the Academic Scholarship application & Enrolment Application forms together with the required supporting documents to the admissions office.
Deadline: All scholarship applications must be received by Thursday 17 May 2018.
STEP 3. Examination: Applicants who satisfy the Scholarship Eligibility Criteria (see below) will be invited to participate in a three part Scholarship Examination (English, Maths and non-verbal reasoning) on Saturday 26 May 2018.
- Location: The Australian International School, Thu Thiem Campus, 264 Mai Chi Tho (East-West Highway), An Phu Ward, District 2, HCMC, Vietnam
STEP 4. Interview: Selected applicants will be invited to an interview with the Executive Principal/Deputy Executive Principal, who will make the final assessment.
STEP 5. Scholarship offer: The school will offer Academic Scholarships to successful applicants by Monday, 11 June 2018
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Students from Vietnamese schools
Students from non-Vietnamese schools
School reports MUST indicate:
School reports must indicate a consistently high level of achievement in all subjects for the preceding 2 years.
School reports MUST indicate:
Applicants must be:
native English speakers, or
non-native-English speakers with IELTS of ≥ 5.5, or
non-native-English speakers who achieve a high score in the English part of the Scholarship Examination.
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarships will be awarded on merit, following the Scholarship Examination and interview.
- An invitation to attend an interview will not necessarily mean a scholarship will be offered.
- Acceptance of a scholarship offer will require payment of the non-refundable Acceptance Fee and any tuition fee due.
- Acceptance and payment of all amounts will be required by the due date or the offer will be withdrawn.
- The Application Fee will be refunded should the child be successful in receiving an Academic Scholarship.
- Parents are responsible to pay all amounts owing to the school that are not covered by the Scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis that the student will maintain high standards of academic achievement, participate to the best of their ability in school activities, and adheres to the school’s policies and rules.
- Scholarships will be reviewed annually and may be withdrawn if these expectations are not met.
For further information please contact email@example.com.