AIS provides an international education to students between the ages of 18 months to 18 years, from 40 different countries. English is the language of instruction and the language of communication throughout the school.
Applying students must demonstrate that they have the academic ability, skills and knowledge to follow the curriculum at AIS successfully. As part of the enrolment process, all students are tested for their English language ability. A compulsory English as an Additional Language (EAL) programme will be provided to students who are offered a place at AIS and require this support. This programme is charged as an additional fee to parents. All prospective students will also meet the relevant Principal or the Deputy Principal, as part of the enrolment process. Children with learning difficulties will meet with the Principal and Learning Support co-ordinator before a place at the school can be confirmed. The fee for the learning support services is also additional to the tuition fee.
Admissions Process at AIS
Applying for a place at AIS involves the following steps:
Step 1: Complete Enrolment Application Form by filling it in online or by downloading the form.
Step 2: Submit the following documentation to the Admission Office at any campus: (If you filled the form in online, please upload soft copies instead).
- Enrolment Application Form
- Previous Year’s School Reports
- Birth Certificate (for VN students) or Passport (for non VN students)
- All Educational Psychologist’s Report (for students with learning difficulties)
- Copy of the parents’ Vietnamese ID or passport (if expatriate)
Due to Covid-19, we now require applicants from overseas to provide the following:
- Copies of Entry Visa to Vietnam and Quarantine Approval Documentation (for non VN students relocating to Vietnam)
Step 3: Pay Application Fee.
Step 4: Following submission of the documents in Step 2, prospective students will be required to undertake the entrance tests.
- An offer will be made once all the steps and criteria for enrolment have been satisfactorily completed.
- The school will usually place a new student in the appropriate year level according to the date of birth guidelines set out in the Fees Schedule. In some circumstances, a student may be placed a year ahead or a year behind once their current/prior learning and the School’s assessment of the student’s academic ability, maturity and English language ability at the time of application are taken into consideration.
- Where the school is not able to offer a place to a student due to capacity constraints, the student will be placed on a waiting list.
- Furthermore, in cases where the school is not able to offer a place to a student due to its assessment of the student’s academic ability, maturity and/or English language ability, the student may re-apply and be re-tested 3-6 months after the initial test.