The Australian International School (AIS) encourages and supports academic excellence across all areas of the curriculum and is committed to nurturing each student’s individual academic talents.
AIS is pleased to offer a limited number of Academic Scholarships for new students entering Years 7 – 12 for the 2020-2021 Academic Year. These scholarships are from 10% to 50% of the annual tuition fee, and are awarded for up to seven years, provided the student maintains an exemplary academic and behavioural record.
The Scholarships are awarded on the basis of a student’s current academic record, his/her results in the scholarship test an interview with the AIS Executive Principal.
How to Apply
- Complete Enrolment Application form and pay the Application Fee
- Complete Academic Scholarship application form
STEP 2: Submit the Academic Scholarship application & Enrolment Application forms together with the required supporting documents to the admissions office.
Deadline: All scholarship applications must be received by Friday 15 May 2020.
STEP 3: Examination: Applicants who satisfy the Scholarship Eligibility Criteria (see below) will be invited to participate in a three part Scholarship Examination (English, Maths and non-verbal reasoning) on Saturday 23 May 2020. Location: The Australian International School, Thu Thiem Campus, 264 Mai Chi Tho (East-West Highway), An Phu Ward, District 2, HCMC, Vietnam.
STEP 4: Interview: Selected applicants will be invited to an interview with the Executive Principal/Deputy Executive Principal, who will make the final assessment.
STEP 5: Scholarship offer: The school will offer Academic Scholarships to successful applicants by Tuesday, 09 June 2020.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|Criteria||Students from Vietnamese schools||Students from non-Vietnamese schools|
School reports MUST indicate:
School reports must indicate a consistently high level of achievement in all subjects for the preceding 2 years.
School reports MUST indicate:
Applicants must be:
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarships will be awarded on merit, following the Scholarship Examination and interview.
- An invitation to attend an interview will not necessarily mean a scholarship will be offered.
Acceptance of a scholarship offer will require payment of the non-refundable Acceptance Fee and any tuition fees due. The Application Fee will be refunded should the child be successful in receiving an Academic Scholarship.
Acceptance and payment of all amounts will be required by the due date or the offer will be withdrawn.
- Parents are responsible to pay all amounts owing to the school that are not covered by the Scholarship.
- Scholarships are reviewed each year, and will be continued on the basis that the student maintains high standards of academic achievement, participates to the best of their ability in school activities, and adheres to the School’s policies and rules.
- Scholarships will be reviewed annually and may be withdrawn if these expectations are not met. For further information please contact email@example.com.