ACG Australian International (“AIS VIETNAM”)
Education Services Company Limited
Address: 264 Mai Chi Tho,
An Phu Ward, Thu Duc City, HCMC,
AIS VIETNAM is part of Inspired Education Holdings, which is a company registered in Europe, United Kingdom, company number 09268120, with registered address as Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom.
This policy is created and published under requirements of protection of privacy and other individuals’ rights recognised in Vietnamese Constitution 2013 and Civil Code 2015 and according to the article 16.3 of Law on Network Information Security No. 86/2015/QH13 (Nov. 19, 2015) (LNIS), among other regulations, applicable to collection, handling and protection of personal information. This privacy notice aims to inform you on how EIS Vietnam, handles your personal information.
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by email at the address email@example.com if you have any queries on your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We process personal data about prospective, current, and past students and their parents, as well as candidates, current staff, suppliers and contractors, in addition to other individuals visiting our website.
The personal data processed include:
• Names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
• Family situation;
• Admissions, academic, disciplinary and other education related records, information about special educational needs, references, examination scripts and marks;
• Education and employment information;
• Images, audio and video recordings;
• Financial information;
• Nationality, location and language;
• Schools previously attended.
Other types of data we collect, process and store are protected health information, criminal record information and other sensitive information related to an individual. Information such as;
• Information about health status or provision of health care linked to a specific individual;
• Dietary restrictions & requirements;
• Information about criminal records linked to a specific individual;
• Biometric information.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
AIS VIETNAM collects information in several ways, including:
• Personally, and over the phone from students and their family, staff, volunteers, visitors, job applicants and others;
• From electronic and paper documentation including job applications, emails, invoices, enrolment forms, letters to our school, consent forms, among others;
• Through our website and the cookies used in it;
• By online tools such as apps and other software used by our school;
• Through any CCTV cameras located at our school;
• From third parties, such as referees, previous schools, professionals or authorities acting on behalf of the individual;
4. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
AIS VIETNAM it is lawfully required to share personal information with relevant authorities, following legal obligations, such as the Department of Education or government services such as Visa and Immigration, Revenue and Customs, health insurance and health services. We may need to share information with third parties providers when necessary to provide the services and to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
5. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
AIS VIETNAM processes personal data to lawfully and legitimately support the school’s operation as an independent school. Our school collects information about students and their families when necessary to:
• Attend the queries received;
• Select and admit students;
• Include students in the school’s life and education and learning programs;
• Administer pupils’ entries to public examinations;
• Provide academic reporting upon each student and publishing of results;
• Provide references for current and past pupils;
• Support students’ social and emotional wellbeing, and health;
• Support operational management of the school including administration of pupil records; the administration of invoices, fees and accounts; the management of the school’s property; the management of security and safety arrangements (including the use of CCTV in accordance with our CCTV Policies and monitoring of the school’s IT and communications systems in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy); management planning and forecasting; research and statistical analysis; the administration and implementation of the school’s rules and policies for pupils and staff; the maintenance of historic archives and other operational purposes;
• Fulfil legal requirements;
• Provide holiday programmes’ services;
• Take reasonable steps to reduce the risk of reasonably foreseeable harm to students, staff and visitors (duty of care);
• Make reasonable adjustments and support for students with special needs;
• Provide a safe and secure working and school environment;
• Communicate with parents about students’ schooling matters and celebrate the efforts and achievements of students;
• Maintain the good order and management of our school;
• With the aim to celebrate school’s achievements and to keep a record of the history of the school, AIS Vietnam may take photographs and recorded images of students to be shared in, e.g., yearbooks, school website, etc, always based on informed consent from parents or students of legal age;
• Send commercial communications if previously requested and authorised by the individuals. You will be able to unsubscribe from the receipt of commercial communications by clicking in the “unsubscribe” section found in all these communications.
In the case of a CV received through our website, in the section “Careers Opportunities”, we will process the information with the purpose to include the candidate in the selection process. In this regarding, the school also collects information for:
-Conducting the recruitment process;
-Assessing the suitability of the candidate for the position;
-Administration of human resources records.
The personal information object of processing may only be communicated to third parties if necessary for the purpose of a safe recruitment. The candidates’ data will be kept during the time needed to carry out such process, and once it expires, the data will be safely erased from our files. The candidate can exercise the right of consent withdrawal or any other right as stated in the section 7, by sending an email to our Privacy Officer or to the HR department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA
Personal information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless for a longer time for public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once the personal information is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
According to art. 18 LNIS you have the right of updating, change or deletion of your personal information as well as ceasing the supply of your personal information to a third party, organisations and individuals which handle your personal information.
You can exercise your rights by sending a written specific request, along with a copy of your ID card, to our Privacy Officer at: email@example.com.
You will have the right to withdraw your consent for any specific purpose granted at any given time without prejudice of the legality of processing according to the consent given before withdrawal.
AIS VIETNAM does not collect and process under any circumstance personal information from individuals under legal age. Parents’ or legal tutor’s must act on their behalf.
10. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
AIS VIETNAM shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal information, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
11. COOKIES USED IN OUR WEBSITE
The Web server is allowed to remember some data concerning the user, such as his preferences for visiting the pages of this server, name and password, products that are more interesting, etc.
The Cookies that we use in our website and that require informed consent by the user are the functional cookies and the targeting cookies. Consent is not required for required cookies, which are those of a technical nature necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
12. COMMON USE WITH OTHER PLATFORMS AND SOCIAL NETWORKS
This site contains links to other websites such as platforms or social networks. AIS VIETNAM is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. You should be aware that the processing of your personal information is carried out by those sites and governed by their respective privacy policies.
If you do not want these sites to collect and process your information, please review their corresponding privacy policies and / or disconnect from it before using our Services.
13. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
AIS VIETNAM may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you review this privacy clause from time to time.
Last updated March 2023